Sunday, September 1, 2013

Hello Neighbor

It's only been a month and a half since we moved into our rental house and I think it's about time we said howdy to our neighbors. I'm an introvert and this is out of my comfort zone, but it is so nice *knowing* your neighbors! 
I have briefly met a couple of them, but I still wanted to do more. After our church's women retreat, where we discussed caring for and serving others, I was inspired to do serving spoons as a neighbor gift.

Supplies: 


  • Gift/Spoons
  • Embroidery thread or ribbon
  • Scissors
  • Hole punch
  • Black cardstock
  • White stamp pad
  • White pencil
  • Paper tape
  • Alphabet stamp set



     I picked these cute spoons up at the Walmart dollar section, 3 spoons for $1! Also, these are pretty much "my colors", so it was perfect. I grabbed a cute alphabet stamp set and paper tape from another $2 bin at Walmart.





(iPhone 5)


I used a white stamp pad to "dirty up" the generic houses I cut out of black cardstock. Then I stamped "HELLO NEIGHBOR" onto them. I embellished with the paper tape and a white pencil. On the back I wrote "Please let us know if there is any way we can serve you! - The Adams"
To attach the note to the spoons I simply punched a hole in the paper and used contrasting embroidery thread to tie it on.


I hope to deliver them soon, spark some conversation, and maybe even make some good relationships with our current neighbors! 

No comments:

Post a Comment