Monday, September 30, 2013

IKEA Tray Table "Unhack"

While I have the potential of being clever and am creative at times, it is not usual for me to come up with a good idea all on my own. That being said, I have to admit this one was all mine. 

I did not "hack" this table, it's not an invention, it's not even a twist, it's just a table I am giving a new purpose. And it has lived up to it's purpose so well that I thought I'd share. 

This...


is Ikea's PS SANDSKÄR.

It's an outdoor tray table
that I repurposed into a...



Children's Bistro Table!




(Snapped with iPhone 5... to prove that I'm a normal mom with height issues and dirty counters...)

Best for 2-4 small children.

It's easy to put together, which is saying something, considering it's *Ikea*. Best part?! The tray top comes OFF! If they spill something, which is a regular occurrence around here, it doesn't go directly on the floor because the top has a lip on it. I can simply pull the top off and rinse it in the sink if the mess is bad.

It's lightweight and easy for me to move around, but not too easy for them to move. It's small and I love that you can get it in neutral black and white colors. When company comes over I can use it as a side table and fold up their chairs, making it appear there are no children living here. Until someone goes in the bathroom and sees jelly on the light switch...

The boys eat at this every day at least twice, I move it into the living room for snack times to set their drinks on. 

It's also the cheapest trendy kid's table I've ever seen at only $35. 

So, if you're in the market for a small, cheap, easy to clean, table for your little ones to use, this might be just the thing for you!







No comments:

Post a Comment